Today as I was roaming around the grocery store (I’ve done that a lot this week) I couldn’t help but think that fresh herbs make everything better. Putting an herb on it makes things better just like putting a BIRD on it makes things better. You with me?
Well, I’m with me. A little too with me, actually. I was so pleased with myself for coming up with the herb/bird thing that I failed to pick up Vegenaise. Side note: vegans eat Vegenaise because it doesn’t contain eggs. I eat Vegenaise because I can pronounce the ingredient list and, honestly, it tastes better than mayo.
So rather than give you a recipe for a make-shift dinner that wasn’t my favorite, I figured I’d give you my go-to steps for making egg salad because I never follow the same steps twice and, if I have all of the ingredients, I’m always happy with the way it turns out.
FoodFash Egg Salad Non-Recipe
1. Chop up as many boiled eggs as you want
2. Add finely chopped celery and onions
3. Put a chopped herb in it (dill, chives, parsley)
4. Add a tablespoon of vinegar and a tablespoon of some type of mayo and stir
5. Repeat Step 4 until the consistency is where you want
6. Add a tablespoon of dijon mustard
7. Add salt and white pepper to taste
You can use this rule of thumb with tuna and chicken salad too, just skip the vinegar.