I wish I could take complete credit for adding cucumbers to an ever so classic BLT. But I can’t. A few weeks back, I visited Zed’s in north Austin and couldn’t resist ordering this sandwich. And before I could even swallow my first bite, I knew that I’d forever be adding cukes to BLTs.
It made total sense. Whenever cucumbers are an option when building a sandwich, they’re the first option I choose. They have the incredible ability to lighten up anything with their cool, delicate flavor. And I’m always down for the addition of something crisp.
By March 10, 2016Published:
- Yield: 1 sandwich
I wish I could take complete credit for adding cucumbers to an ever so classic BLT. But I can't. A few weeks back, I visited Zed's …
- 3 slices thick slab bacon
- 2 slices sprouted wheat bread toasted
- 2 leafs green leaf lettuce
- 7 cucumber slices
- 3 tomato slices
- mayonnaise to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil and top with bacon slices.
- Bake bacon for 20 minutes.
- While bacon is cooking, toast bread.
- Layer each side of bread with mayonnaise.
- Top one slice of bread with 2 layers of cucumber slices, 2 layers of tomato, bacon, and lettuce.
- Place second slice on time, cut, and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress