Eggy breakfasts are typically my preference. Heck, I even made an eggy dinner last night! But every once in a while I remember how much I love steel cut oats and I get back on an oats kick. And that’s exactly what happened this weekend.
On Day 1, I worked with what I had: coconut milk, frozen berries, and a mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds from leftover from a Graze box. On Day 2, I picked up some fresh berries and added a bit of coconut sugar because I was in the mood for something a little more sweet.
Steel Cut Oats With Coconut Milk, Berries & Seeds
By February 17, 2016Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
Eggy breakfasts are typically my preference. Heck, I even made an eggy dinner last night! But every once in a while …
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons seeds pumpkin and/or sunflower
- Bring two cups of water to boil in a pot over high heat.
- Stir in oats and continue stirring for about one minute.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Scoop oats into a shallow bowl and form edges so they're raised about an inch from the center.
- Slowly pour coconut milk into the center of the oats.
- Top with coconut sugar, berries, and seeds.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress