There’s something about cold weather that makes me crave the coziness of meaty red sauce. But it’s still January and I’m still in the constant process shedding the holiday fluff, so I got to thinking about a no-noodle alternative.
And since I’m always stuffing zucchini into meat dishes, why not change it up and stuff meat into a zucchini dish? And that’s how this recipe was born.
Cheesy Zucchini Boats
By January 17, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 boats (2 Servings)
There's something about cold weather that makes me crave the coziness of meaty red sauce. But it's still January and I'm still in …
- 2 large zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound ground beef 95% lean
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 10 ounces marzano tomatoes sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella shredded
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a small spoon, scrape flesh from zucchini to create "boats" and set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat until just browned.
- Add onions and garlic and continue cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and zucchini flesh and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon zucchini stuffing into zucchini boats.
- Top with cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is browned.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress