Every few days, a chill hits the air in Austin. And just like that I’m faced with a soup craving, every few days.
I’ve made a giant pot of beef soup twice this week because it’s cozy and filling without leaving you stuffed and sleepy. It’s really the perfect meal to have on hand these days, feeling appropriate for the occasional 30 degree night, 80 degree day, and all that falls in between.
And it’s simple, simple. Requiring little ingredients and even less skill, a recipe like this makes a compelling argument to ditch the can this winter!
By December 16, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
Every few days, a chill hits the air in Austin. And just like that I'm faced with a soup craving, every few days. I've …
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 lbs beef shoulder roast
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 16 ounces baby carrots halved
- 1 white onion chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Add 8 cups chicken broth and beef to a crock pot and cook on high for 12 hours.
- Remove beef from broth and add broth to a large stock pot.
- Pour additional 4 cups of broth into the stock pot.
- Add carrots to broth and cook on high heat for 12 minutes.
- Add potatoes and onions and continue cooking on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove fat from edges of beef, chop roughly into cubes, and add to broth.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress