Butter, garlic, lemon, crushed red pepper.. Insert any green and you’ve just stepped up your veggie game. Add a protein and a grain? And you’ve got yourself a go-to formula for a quick, veggie-filled dinner.
Kale is my favorite garlic/lemon/pepper green because it soaks up seasonings so well. And it’s one of the few foods you can eat an entire thing of and still feel good afterward.
And if you’re not in the mood for kale, shrimp, or quinoa, try combos such as broccoli, chicken, and brown rice or mushrooms, spinach, and pasta.
Kale With Shrimp & Quinoa
By October 20, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
Butter, garlic, lemon, crushed red pepper.. Insert any green and you've just stepped up your veggie game. Add a protein and a …
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic cruhsed
- 6 shrimp peeled & de-veined
- 1 bunch kale washed, stems removed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, keep covered, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and let cook until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Tear kale into bite sized pieces and add to shrimp.
- Stir kale, shrimp, and butter together until kale begins to wilt.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir for 2 to 3 minutes until kale is completely wilted.
- Season with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Mix in cooked quinoa and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress