There’s something about organizing kitchen cabinets at home and presenting in front of a first-time crowd at work that put an extra pep in my step today. I borderline skipped to Whole Foods this evening, enjoying the slightly crisp air and an even more crisp mind.
The last thing I wanted to do was fog everything up with a heavy dinner. I wanted light and flavorful. Seafood, fresh veggies, and herbs would do the trick. Seafood, fresh veggies, and herbs… always do the trick.
Add music, breeze-filled windows, and quality time in the kitchen – it was the best weeknight I’ve had in quite some time. I got to cooking to the tune of this album.
And when it was all said and done, I was left with the exact dinner I had in mind sitting front of me, ready to photograph. It was lovely.
Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
By April 17, 2014Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
There's something about organizing kitchen cabinets at home and presenting in front of a first-time crowd at work that put an extra …
- 1 small spaghetti squash cooked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup sauvignon blanc
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, heat butter and olive oil in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shallots, salt, and pepper to pan and stir until shallots are wilted.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add wine, lemon juice, and parsley and stir until parsley is slightly wilted.
- Remove flesh from spaghetti squash and toss with the butter sauce.
- Top with shrimp and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress