I don’t recall it ever being this freezing in Austin before. Feels like 26, forecasts of snow flurries – how this Florida girl is going to make it until spring, I don’t know. Puffer jackets and bowls of chili? Is that how people do it?
Turkey & Zucchini Chili
By November 27, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
I don't recall it ever being this freezing in Austin before. Feels like 26, forecasts of snow flurries - how this Florida girl …
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans undrained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans undrained
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans undrained
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes undrained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and then add onions, peppers, garlic, and zucchini until browned.
- In a medium sized dutch oven or stock pot, cook turkey over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add veggies to the cooked turkey and stir together.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress