Happy twenty twelve to you! Rather than establishing resolutions for the new year, I thought a to-do list would be much more appropriate (I am a checklist checker after all!). Besides, checklists are measurable, which means much more attainable for this girl.
So here goes! In 2012, I will:
1. Move to AUSTIN!!! – One of my 2011 resolutions was to “make the most of where I am, even if where I am is Tampa” and, for the most part, I believe I stuck to it. But 2012 is my time to be less of a dreamer and more of a do-er. Austin and LA have been on the back of my mind for quite some time now and after months and months (maybe years) of pro/con lists, Austin is the best choice for both present-day and future me. By March, I will be calling Austin “home”.
2. Settle into a sustainable workout regimen – Now that blogging has become less of a task and more of my (almost) daily routine, I’ve been able to make time for exercise again. In the new year, I’d like a regular week to look something like 1 day of yoga, 1 day of ballet, and 2 days of running.
3. Complete a 10k – Val and I have already been discussing races in 2012 and this will be a good excuse for her to visit Austin or for me to make a trip home for a long weekend.
4. Buy a bike and ride it to work at least twice per week – I’m determined to find an apartment that is within 2 miles of my office. I’m hoping that by the end of the year (weather permitting) this will be the standard.
5. Create a “studio” space in my home for photography – I made a lot of promises on FoodFash’s 2nd birthday and creating better photos will help me fulfill those promises. Photography has always been a passion of mine and having a dedicated space is the next step in committing to both FoodFash and myself.
6. Attend at least 2 blogging conferences – I had such an amazing time at the Healthy Living Summit last year that I will undoubtedly be returning in 2012. I’m not 100 percent certain about the 2nd conference, but FoodBuzz is most definitely on my radar.
7. Join at least two blogging “clubs” – I am so unpredictably awkward at large events. Sometimes I’m a chatty Kathy hit, sometimes I’m horribly uncomfortable and bury myself in iPhone land. I must, must, must get better at this! I hope that becoming a FitFluential Ambassador and an active member of the Austin Food Blogger Alliance will squash the awkward turtle in me.
8. Transfer to the Junior League of Austin – Joining the Junior League of Tampa has been filled with opportunity to give back to the community while meeting new friends. I would be silly not to transfer!
What are your resolutions or to-dos for 2012?